Sunday, February 1, 2009

The last two days of over indulgence are officially over.

I celebrated my birthday on Friday, January 30th, by indulging in my favorite junk foods, getting a long delayed haircut and getting a major skin treatment at Cool River Skin care by my dear friend and supreme medical esthetician, Regie Wise. She swears that I look younger than I did when I first started seeing her ten years ago. It's also the daily home care with multiple expensive products that have done the trick, so for my advancing age, I can still maintain the illusion to myself that I can do anything, lick any illness, and keep on keeping on.
I allowed myself to eat extremely fattening cake and brownies and drink wine as much as I wanted but today is my day of reckoning. I really didn't overdo the wine because I can't stand the headaches. Last week I had more blood work done and then got a call from my doctor saying the one test specificallly for Lyme disease was one that Quest Diagnostic doesn't do. That is so ridiculous when you consider how many thousands of people get Lyme. I have to go to another facility, Lab Corp., for that one test. Soon I will need to get a transfusion, I'm giving so much blood.
I have created a monster too. Now that my husband has a blog, I spend more time on his than my own. But it makes me happy that he loves having a blog so much. He needs a constant creative outlet and blogging fills the bill.

No comments: